Excellence In Veterinary Team Training Starts Here
David Liss, RVT, VTS (ECC, SAIM), CVPM is a renowned technician educator, double board-certified veterinary technician specialist in emergency/critical care and internal medicine, and a certified veterinary practice manager.
He has a diverse background in emergency and critical care nursing including lecturing internationally, authoring numerous articles and book chapters, and serving on various technician association committees. He has also received numerous awards including the Veterinary Technician Educator of the Year by Western Veterinary Conference and the Southern California Technician of the Year.
David spent many years in emergency/critical care veterinary nursing and was technician manager at two different 24- hour referral/specialty facilities in the Los Angeles area.
David is currently pursuing his Master’s degree in Biomedical Science, set to finish in 2017, and
currently is the Program Director for the Veterinary Technology Program at Platt College in Los Angeles,
He also stays clinically relevant by working relief as an ICU technician at VCA Veterinary Specialists of the Valley in Woodland Hills, CA.
- Graduate: Bachelor of Arts, Sociology, Occidental College, Los Angeles, CA
- Veterinary Technician Specialist: Emergency/Critical Care, Small Animal Internal Medicine
- Licensed: Registered Veterinary Technician
- Certified: Veterinary Practice Manager (CVPM)
- Lecturer: More than 15 international conferences
- Educator: Program Director, Veterinary Technology, Platt College, Los Angeles, CA
- Author: Numerous professional articles for Vet Tech and NAVTA Magazine; several chapters in emergency and critical care nursing texts
- Award Recipient: Veterinary Technician Educator of the Year, 2012, Western Veterinary Conference
- Memberships and Associations: Editorial Board of Vet Tech Magazine, Director at Large for the California Registered Veterinary Technician Association, Chair of the Nursing Standards Committee for the Academy of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Technicians
For David's complete CV, click here (pdf).